Puerto Penasco
Resort / Hotel
Room Type
Check In Date picker
Check Out Date picker
Adults
Children
Rocky Point
Find Resorts Find Hotels Insurance Popular Annual Events General Info Lodging/ Accommodations Transportation Activities And Entertainment Services Events and Festivals Real Estate About Rocky Point Blogs About Us Contact us Site Disclaimer
Rocky Point Mexico
Puerto Penasco
Rocky Point
[ FAQ ] [ Search ]

puerto-penasco.com Forum Index > General Q + A

Topic: nightlife
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Bericht Post new topic Reply to topic
haji uday

my buddies and i are planning a trip here we are in our early to mid 20's and our time frame is looking like sometime in july. what is the bar scene looking like during that time, what kind of crowd? how old? lots of co-eds?
Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:51 pm 

I've "heard" that July is a popular "family" time...the little kids are out of school and Mom and Dad want to take them down for some water sports. That being said, we try to avoid July because its so damn hot and humid, so I'm only telling you what I've heard.

The "big" party time is Spring Break (the whole month of March, basically). You'll have 20-somethings going down in droves from UA, ASU, UNM, UCSD, and even some schools in Colorado. This is a CRAZY time...if you're into wall to wall people, crammed bars, and partying all night, this is the time for you! This is real life "girls gone wild" time, but security is tighter and there are usually some arrests, accidents, and bar fights, so don't be stupid or you'll end up in a Mexican jail. And, if you decide to go during this time, make your reservations now!
Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:28 am 
Zack

July is really hot & humid & everybody in their right mind stays in a room with air conditioning (lol) or stays in the ocean water all day up to their necks. It's tourists with familys on the weekends or sometimes almost nobody goes down and only local Mexicans on the weekdays. Not a co-ed within 250 miles.
But, my friends and I think this is the best time of year to go down there & actually see & meet the actual local Mexican people, go to their bars & the restaurants they go to and experience what the town is really like. The pace of life is much slower then, you see large amounts of local citizens that never come out when the tourists are there,etc. Of course if you come down on a US holiday like July 4th or a 3 day holiday the place is a zoo with tourists & the locals stay home (and keep their daughters home too).
Post Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:14 am 
robin_anderson02

go during July 4th weekend
Mannys and Pink Cadilac are always a good time, Corona Beach Club? I think is the name as well
Chongos as well
Post Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:15 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Rocky Point Mexico
Puerto Penasco
Rocky Point
Rocky Point Mexico