Puerto Penasco
Resort / Hotel
Room Type
Check In Date picker
Check Out Date picker
Adults
Children
Rocky Point
Find Resorts Find Hotels Insurance Popular Annual Events General Info Lodging/ Accommodations Transportation Activities And Entertainment Services Events and Festivals Real Estate About Rocky Point Blogs About Us Contact us Site Disclaimer
Rocky Point Mexico
Puerto Penasco
Rocky Point
[ FAQ ] [ Search ]

puerto-penasco.com Forum Index > General Q + A

Topic: Fiesta de Cortez

Author    Bericht Post new topic Reply to topic
Panama

I am heading to PP for the Christmas holidays and booked a room at the Fiesta De Cortez through RCI. Since, then I have read about several complaints about this place such as:

trash, holes in walls, construction, nails coming up through the floor, beds on blocks, just on and on from different people on "Trip advisor and IgoUgo". I have traveled throughout Mexico and Latin America and experienced a wide variety of "levels" of service but this has me nervous. Should I cancell my trip?

Thanks,
Panama
Post Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:10 pm 
guess

I wouldn't cancel your trip, but then, I don't know what you consider "acceptable".....I haven't stayed there personally, but a group of friends rented a 2 bedroom suite for 3 days in June and I spent some time in the room with them. They were fine with it, and I could have stayed there, but I'm not sure they would "recommend" it as "the" best place to stay.

Yes...there were a few holes in the walls, and some missing/broken tiles on the floor. The sofa bed in their room didn't have a mattress, but when they asked for one, they got it. The room "was" clean, however, and had a nice little kitchenette.....

Overall, they were fine with the room. It was clean and the appliances and bathroom were in good working order. They were within walking distance of the beach and several restaurants/bars and didn't spend a whole bunch of time in the room. And at $80 a night split 6 ways, you couldn't beat the price! When we were there, the hotel was quite crowded...not sold out, but there were plenty of people there.....young college age, some middle age, and some families with small kids....so I guess they can't all be wrong.

I have no doubt that the reports of holes, nails, beds on blocks, etc. are true, but this is also true of several other hotels in PP which charge a bunch more per night. Again, I don't know what you deem "acceptable, but like I said, for a short stay (under 5 days), I'd stay there.
Post Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:54 am 
Panama

Thanks, I have a few days whether to cancell or not. I spoke with a travel agent who makes reservations for them and they told me that they try to steer people away from the Fiesta de Cortez as well. So I am leaning towards cancelling.

Panama
Post Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:41 pm 

The busier and busier it gets in the 'center' of penasco, the more I end up staying somewhere a little further out, either in a condo or a house in las conchas or something.

Its a weird cycle.
Post Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:21 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Rocky Point Mexico
Puerto Penasco
Rocky Point
Rocky Point Mexico