Puerto Penasco
Resort / Hotel
Room Type
Check In Date picker
Check Out Date picker
Adults
Children
Rocky Point
Find Resorts Find Hotels Insurance Popular Annual Events General Info Lodging/ Accommodations Transportation Activities And Entertainment Services Events and Festivals Real Estate About Rocky Point Blogs About Us Contact us Site Disclaimer
Rocky Point Mexico
Puerto Penasco
Rocky Point
[ FAQ ] [ Search ]

puerto-penasco.com Forum Index > General Q + A

Topic: How do you have to be out of Mexico before you can return?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Bericht Post new topic Reply to topic
Michele

My husband and I are going down to RP in 2 weeks with our children. We both have children from previous marriages. My husband has physical custody of his kids but everything we read says you have to have a signed letter from a parent who isn't present. Problem is we can't locate his ex-wife to get her to sign a letter.

From what I understand you can go into Mexico for 72 hours without having to worry about that sort of documentation. We are going to be there for 5 days at a resort. Can we leave prior to 72 hours and then come right back in again to start the 72 hour time limit over again? Any thoughts, suggestions, advice?

The kids will be devastated if we get turned away at the border - this is their Christmas present. Sad
Post Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:59 pm 

i've been there 3 times in last 18 month, twice with my own children. I too have custody and a ex who is out of touch. Both trips into Mexico we have taken certified copy of court orders, as well as each childs birth certificate and state I D cards. Neither time have we been asked to show any of these when we crossed the border. I've heard that I would have to have a letter from other parent, but have never had any trouble.
Post Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:57 pm 

If you're really worried, I would contact the US consulate ahead of time just to be sure. There's one in Nogales.

See http://mexico.usembassy.gov/index.html
Post Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:34 pm 

It is very rare that they ever check for Visas when you enter at Lukeville. You either get a red light or green light and that is to check what you are bringing, and then you are on your way. I have not heard of anybody being checked for personal papers. Of course they could. Almost nobody gets a visa when you enter through Lukeville for Rocky Point.
Post Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:31 pm 

While that might be true, I once had a foreign student from Germany cross into Nogales for a day trip, and on the way back find out her visa expired the week before. Minor, stupid snafu, but technically they couldn't let her back in and it too 9 hours of back and forthing with the German consulate to get it cleared up and get her back in.
Post Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:23 pm 

quote:
Anonymous schreef:
While that might be true, I once had a foreign student from Germany cross into Nogales for a day trip, and on the way back find out her visa expired the week before. Minor, stupid snafu, but technically they couldn't let her back in and it too 9 hours of back and forthing with the German consulate to get it cleared up and get her back in.

You are talking about returning to the U.S. for a person that has a Visa for staying in the U.S., we are talking about the problem of entering Mexico. Two completely different things.
Post Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:44 am 
iceman

Under Mexican Law a tourist visa ia only good for thirty days, then you must leave the country and can not return for thirty days BUT since most border crossing posts do not have computers, nobody checks your visa, the major stations such as Cancun do check as do most airport stations.
Post Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:13 pm 

I don't know where you got that a Visa is only good for thirty days, they are normally good for six months. All you have to do is ask for six months, thats the max.
Post Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:03 pm 
iceman

Next time you go in , ask for six months.
Post Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:29 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Rocky Point Mexico
Puerto Penasco
Rocky Point
Rocky Point Mexico