Puerto Penasco
Resort / Hotel
Room Type
Check In Date picker
Check Out Date picker
Adults
Children
Rocky Point
Find Resorts Find Hotels Insurance Popular Annual Events General Info Lodging/ Accommodations Transportation Activities And Entertainment Services Events and Festivals Real Estate About Rocky Point Blogs About Us Contact us Site Disclaimer
Rocky Point Mexico
Puerto Penasco
Rocky Point
[ FAQ ] [ Search ]

puerto-penasco.com Forum Index > General Q + A

Topic: Mayan Palace

Author    Bericht Post new topic Reply to topic
Savuti

Considering a trip to PP usingmy brother's timeshare at Mayan Palace in late September. TripAdvisor.com gives the property very mixed reviews. Looking for feedback from those who have stayed there. Worried about construction issues and quality of the property.
Post Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:21 pm 
PP Traveler 20

I would also be interested in knowing this as I am staying at the Mayan in May.
Post Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:09 am 
Aurora

Just got back from the Mayan Palace 19FEB06. The resort is way out there so don't expect to walk to shopping or restaurants. BUT, the place is amazing. We had our own car and it is only a short drive to tons of great restaurants. The restaurant and pool cafe are great. The road is paved from the highway to the Mayan entrance then you drive on stable gravel for about 10 minutes. It really is no biggie. We went to Puerto Penasco to relax and that is what we did, RELAX. We experienced cooler weather and still had a fabulous time. We met a lot of people and participated in all of the resorts activities. We took a drive one evening to see the construction out in the Sandy Beach area -- totally impressive, looks like big things are planned for the area. The changes are relevant everywhere. The town is doing its best to keep up with the growing tourist population. Don't expect Cancun but do expect a warm welcome!

The PP Mayan is very quaint -- right now it is kind of a cross between a Sea Garden and Mayan Palace. We liked the fact that you do not need additional transportation to get to the pool or the beach. It was beautiful, the future plans look like it is going to be a huge community unlike anything Mayan Palace has ever done before. They own over 22,000 acres here -- they can do anything they want. Even heard news of an International Airport in less than 5 years! With or without the airport we would definitely go back.
Post Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:48 pm 
MamaCita222

Hey there, I just got back from PP (March 6-Cool and Aurora got it right on. We stayed in town but, took a drive to the Mayan Palace and all I can say is...WOW what a beautiful place if you just want the resort style of vacation. If you want to see the real Mexico, bring a car and drive in. I'd love to get a time share in there. It is a real treat even to just go in for a drink. I took a few pics of it, and as soon as I'm done naming them all, I will post them on this site so, check back. Adios!
Post Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:44 pm 
girlcat

I stayed at a friend's timeshare at the Mayan Palace in October. I had been there before on a couple occasions just to look around, so when my friend offered it to me I was very grateful. I went with another friend and the room was the size of a regular hotel room, not the whole suite. It was very nice. We were on the ground floor and we opened the sliding door which we had a view of the pool and the ocean and the grounds. We met a couple that showed us their suite, very nice with hotel size roomlike ours on one side, the living room, kitchen and dining table area, 2 bathrooms, and another bedroom. They have fun activites like "Super Bingo" , how to play poker, water aerobics, how to make tropical drinks, that was my favorite, the guys that work there made it so much fun. The indoor swimming pool is like bath water, very relaxing. I emailed the Mayan Palace, they have a spa special that just ended March 21, for about $45 you get a massage, pedicure and manicure. Check their website, when you email them they are very responsive to your emails. I received an email from the restauarant, he gave me the buffet themes for the days of the week. I have eaten the seafood buffet...approx $23, FABULOUS, I can't say enough. I work with a national company and they were asking the field where we want to have our annual meeting, Vegas or San Diego, I recommended PP, they went for it, so now we'll go to Mayan Palace for the official dinner, but stay in the condos at sandy beach.
My friend in Tucson might have her timeshare for sale.Mamacita if you're interested, let me know and I'll ask my friend if it's for sale.
Robin
Post Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:19 am 
girlcat

Sorry Mamacita, here's my e-mail: robin@cashflowremedy.com

Also they have 2 fireplaces out by the pool, there is seating all around them, very relaxing and romantic. When we sat there under a full moon, we met some very interesting people from all over, and some world travelers, great to sit and share tribal stories with people.
Post Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:22 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Rocky Point Mexico
Puerto Penasco
Rocky Point
Rocky Point Mexico