Puerto Penasco
Resort / Hotel
Room Type
Check In Date picker
Check Out Date picker
Adults
Children
Rocky Point
Find Resorts Find Hotels Insurance Popular Annual Events General Info Lodging/ Accommodations Transportation Activities And Entertainment Services Events and Festivals Real Estate About Rocky Point Blogs About Us Contact us Site Disclaimer
Rocky Point Mexico
Puerto Penasco
Rocky Point
[ FAQ ] [ Search ]

puerto-penasco.com Forum Index > General Q + A

Topic: Tide-pooling and Snorkeling info please
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Bericht Post new topic Reply to topic
Mr_PeaCH

Hello,

I'll be taking the family down for a week coming up in June. Can someone direct me to a few likely spots to try some snorkeling and tide-pooling? Spots that are away from the masses are preferred. I have read "Playa del Oro"; where is that in relation to the town? (We're staying out at the Mayan which I understand is a hike from town if that bears mentioning but I don't mind driving around for a good spot.)

Thanks
Post Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:28 am 
mushroommarlene

Laughing hello there Peach.........did you find any good snorkel spots or have any adventures worth sharing? we're going in Feb. but recent posts have me concerned with police extortion and traveling off the beaten path or out of normal 8-5 time periods..........
Post Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:48 am 
luisup

Hello Mr Peach, I live in rocky point and love to snorkel everytime i get a chance, june is probably my favorite month to do it. I've try pretty much all the beaches and Playa Mirador is definetely the best, it has a volcanic rock reef that offers a great amount of sealife, water is really clear too. The best thing to do is to check the tide calendar to see at what time of the day is the best time to get in the water, you don't want either a high tide or a very low tide... at that time of the year it can change up to 18 feet in the same day.
Let me know if you need any other info... I'll be glad to help

And about the police, don't worry, is not as bad as they say... the beach is always worth it Smile
Post Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:51 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Rocky Point Mexico
Puerto Penasco
Rocky Point
Rocky Point Mexico