Puerto Penasco
Resort / Hotel
Room Type
Check In Date picker
Check Out Date picker
Adults
Children
Rocky Point
Find Resorts Find Hotels Insurance Popular Annual Events General Info Lodging/ Accommodations Transportation Activities And Entertainment Services Events and Festivals Real Estate About Rocky Point Blogs About Us Contact us Site Disclaimer
Rocky Point Mexico
Puerto Penasco
Rocky Point
[ FAQ ] [ Search ]

puerto-penasco.com Forum Index > General Q + A

Topic: moving furnature to RP

Author    Bericht Post new topic Reply to topic
aaronrand

Hi, our house finally closed, and we want to furnish it this weekend.
I have read about getting a broker at the border and paying taxes.
what should i do, and how much should i expect to pay? is there any shortcuts or money saving ways about it?
thanks...
Post Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:51 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
kramer

You can import in without the services of a customs broker merchandise up to $1000 per vehicle. You must have the items listed with value and also have your receipts available. You pull to the left before the ights. Go to declarations. From there you go to the bank and pay the duty and then go through the light You may or may not be stopped there. We made three trips with a trailer and SUV and car. Depending on how organized you are the stop can take from 15 to 45 minutes. The more we did it the beter we got at organizing. We have one more trip at he end of he month.
Post Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:20 pm 
aaronrand

yep, it went just like that, and very smooth. thx for the help
Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
hairy

Just to clarify...there are customs brokers available at the border to hire if I show up there with over 1000.00 worth of goods, receipts, and listed clearly on the form that I printed out from the Mexican customs website?

If they are not actually there at the border station can you tell me how to find one?

thank you
Post Wed May 30, 2007 6:52 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Rocky Point Mexico
Puerto Penasco
Rocky Point
Rocky Point Mexico