Rocky Point has an incredible beach and there are several activities you can do while you are here for your vacation!
The tide cycles in Rocky Point make the beach very unique and constantly different throughout the entire day. Some of the things I like to do when there is low tide are:
- Set up some small goals with shoes, beach towels, or actual little soccer goals and play soccer with your friends! When the tide is low you can run around a huge area that is flat and open, which is perfect for a little game of soccer.
- Play paddle ball. Paddle ball is a simple game where you and a partner hit a ball back forth with each other and see how many times you can hit it back and forth without dropping it. This game can provide entertainment for hours! I have found myself playing this game for hours without realizing how much time passed by.
- Skimboard! When the tide is low there a little areas and pools that form which are perfect for skimboarding. If you want to try a new and challenging sport I definitely recommend trying skimboarding. Be warned though that this is a dangerous sport and if you fall you can seriously injure yourself. Start off slow and then you will progress accordingly.
When the tide comes up there are a bunch of new activities that you can try and enjoy. The ones that I have personally found to be the most enjoyable are:
- Rent a jet ski. Even though the hourly rates for a jet ski are slightly expensive, it’s worth it. Riding a jet ski through the Sea of Cortes is amazing! Make sure you are safe though and never doing any dangerous maneuvers. It is very easy to find people to rent jet skis from they are.
- Ride the banana boat. Banana boats are all along the beach in Rocky Point and they are only $5/person! It’s about a 6-10 minute ride and you better hold on tight! My biggest advice for the banana boat is to make sure that if you fall, protect your face. Falling on the banana boat is very common and generally safe. Just be careful if it happens and make sure you protect yourself!
- Parasailing. This is one of the activities that you HAVE to try here in Rocky Point. You get to see the beautiful Sonoran Resorts, beaches, and people from 300 ft in the air! It is awesome to be able to have a birds eye view on the surrounding area.
These are just a few suggestions for you guys on activities that I have come to personally enjoy. You may find a different activity that you enjoy more, but I definitely recommend trying at least a few of these when you go down to Rocky Point for vacation.