Serving Rocky Point since 1990

For Reservations Call: 1-800-997-9431

Desde México: 01-800-681-6534

Connect with us:
Mexican Car Insurance

Rocky Point (Puerto Penasco): Passports

You need your passport or passport card to travel back from Rocky Point

Many of our travelers want the latest information on passports or passport cards to travel to Rocky Point (Mexico), Puerto Peñasco.

Please read the information below as nothing has really changed from the previous few years regarding these requirements.

In order to travel to Rocky Point (Puerto Peñasco), you need a valid USA Passport or a USA Passport Card (or carnet) authorized by the US Department of State. This requirement has not changed since the US started requiring passports/passport cards to travel by LAND/SEA in 2009. Please know that you are not able to use a USA passport card when you travel by PLANE, you need a valid USA passport.

Children under 16 years of age arriving to USA from Mexico or Canada may present a birth certificate (original or copy). If child is traveling with only one parent or under the supervision of an adult, they must present a notarized parent permission document (authorization to travel).

If you are a resident of the USA of another country, we recommend you contact your immigration office before traveling outside of USA.

If you need to get a passport for the first time, you need to attend in person to any of the many passport centers around the country. Many of these centers are inside of US Post offices. Please visit the following website to understand all the requirements for a new passport and expected timelines such as photos, proof of citizen, etc: www.travel.state.gov

To renew a passport, you can do it by mail if your passport is not damaged and in your possession (unless if was expired 15 years ago or you were under 16 years of age).

Below we are giving you an idea of pricing but you should always visit the official US passport website for the latest pricing:

Passport Book (Traditional):

Adult (first time): $135
Adult (renew): $110
Minor (under 16 years old) - first time or renew: $110

Passport Card (Carnet):

Adult (first time): $55
Adult (renew): $30
Minor (under 16 years old) - first time or renew: $40

On the following website you can find any forms and additional details as well as the latest information.

www.travel.state.gov or by calling this number 1-877-487-2778.

Please contact them directly if you have specific questions about your travel documents and status.